Falcon Feather

Falcon Feather

PTO Chocolate Fundraiser

PTO

Have you seen kids walking around with chocolates? That’s because this year the PTO has organized a fundraiser selling Signature chocolate bars. Students can check out a box of 60 chocolate bars to sell at $1 each, with a parent’s permission. The goal is to raise $15,000 dollars to fund activities and general funds at the school. Due to the help of students, we are over halfway there!

Seller Ajay Reeb, an 8th grader on the SWAT team, says what he likes about the fundraiser is, Reeb happens to be his own best seller. He likes “That you are able to buy your own chocolate. It really cuts down on the hassle of tracking someone down to buy the chocolate from” he also stated, “I really like chocolate, so that is pretty exciting”. Reeb talks about his motivations, he says “The prizes are what motivates me the most because it is exciting to win something”. 

Students are able to sell chocolate bars this year thanks to the PTO. Co-President of the PTO, Amanda Martinez  stated “We decided to do chocolate bars this year because our fundraiser last year did not do as well as some in the past.” Other people to thank for this fundraiser are the principals. 8th-grade principal Mr. Dial says his favorite part of the fundraiser is the fact that, “It’s entertaining to watch and I think it is good to reward those individual students who have earned a large amount of money for the school”.

As of October 17th 2023, 9,300 chocolate bars have been sold at $1 a piece, and 155 boxes of chocolate have been picked up. This year’s fundraiser has been one of the most successful fundraisers at WRMS, and so much money has been brought in to fund the school. Are you going to be in the top three?