Falcon Feather

Falcon Feather

WRHS Breaks Ground Toward the Future

• The main entrance side view and metals shop main class area.

• A worker helping fit a metal beam into place on the side of the building.

• The exterior rendering of the indoor greenhouse. HTK Architects

• Another rendering of the greenhouse from an indoor point of view.

• The set of stairs leading up to the second level of the main corridor.

• The staircases from the metals shop leading up to the second story of the building.

• A rendering of the entrance to the wood and metals shop with the main corridor stairs.

• This will be the main point of entry to the CTE building from the highschool. There will one other entry point to the right.

• One of the many machines used in the construction process. This one lifts the workers up to very high places.

• This will later become the main corridor with an open glass roof in the spot you can see above. This will allow for natural lighting to come in.

• A rendering of the AV + Journalism classes including interview rooms.

• The future garage and Residential Carpentry space, where students will work on building homes for local organizations.

With the construction of the new high school career and Technical Education center WRHS is undergoing big changes! The Auburn-Washburn Director of Operations, Rich Jones, is hoping students will use all of the classes to their full extent and be able to have a well paying job, without needing college. This expansion will be bringing so many new classes to WRHS including, an agriculture classroom, a biotech science class, an indoor greenhouse on the second floor, and a new metals shop. There will also be an open room, with a garage door leading out,, so the Residential Carpentry class can build houses inside and then wheel them out on a trailer. Media classes will also be coming along with this expansion, including a large lecture area, a new media classroom with interview rooms, and a green screen.

Katelyn Ebert, a WRHS yearbook student, and former WRMS Falcon Press staff, says  “I hope the expansion allows for better learning opportunities and a nice facility for students. I’m excited to see how it turns out!” In addition, the construction for this expansion is expected to finish in October of 2024 Rich Jones, says the main purpose of the CTE building is “ To help students who might want a different path than college. The districts are working on certifications that students could receive as they leave high school, and help them get better and higher-paying jobs right out of high school, from those certifications. There will be certifications for the biotech lab also.” These certifications will allow students to have a $60,000-$80,000 job right out of high school. WRHS is hoping this will create a more open window for students, so they have an easier decision on which path they want to go down.