Falcon Feather

Falcon Feather

Business is Booming

Business Club at WRMS
On April 18th, 8th graders Reese Bruna and Lasya Rapolu work on a poster for business club in advisory. (Kali Schulte)

On Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Business club has a shop open, where students and staff can buy pencils, gum, sticky notes, and magnets for their lockers. This Friday the business club members decided that they are going to sell snacks to students for one day only. The store will only last until May 9th. The lead member of the business club is Mrs. Jones, the business essentials teacher. Jones said that she used some of the products last year, and then the club members surveyed what to sell. Every year, the business club members will choose where the money they get will go, like a charity of some sort. Jones said, “Last year the money went to Boys and Girls Club, this year the kids will decide who they are donating it to.” According to the club members, the most demanded item is gum. The business club members also bring purchases to student’s advisory classes. In Google Classroom, students can find a form where they can purchase items that are on the cart. There are also posters around the school with QR codes that students can scan on their phones and purchase items. 

On April 30th, Kyle Fowler & Zachariah Elem, work the Business Club cart in the commins, Derek York, purchases a pack of gum. (Daniel Martin)

Students have different reasons for joining the Business Club. 8th grader, Reese Bruna, said, “I joined the business club because I loved business in seventh grade, and when Mrs. Jones started talking about the business club and all the opportunities, I fell in love.”  There are also some new additions to the cart. Last week the members decided to play clean music to get students’ attention so they can buy stuff and gain more money. “We are trying to figure out some ways we can promote the business club and also make it enjoyable for WRMS students,” Bruna said. Z is one of the store managers. “It is an experience working the shop and imagining that you are the boss of your shop.” According to Z from his experience,  “Business club is a place to work, experience what it’s like to be an entrepreneur, and most of all, to have fun.”