Falcon Feather

Falcon Feather

Moving On Up!

Students anticipate their next grade level, as the school year comes to an end

As the 2023-2024 school year wraps up, the 8th graders will be moving onto high school, and the 7th graders will become 8th graders. The 7th graders will be placed on new teams, and the 8th graders will be sent off to the high school for new adventures. 8th grade student Everett Un has some advice for new 7th graders. “It’s a lot easier than 7th grade, and just have fun.” Un said. The 8th grade students have many end of the year activities to look forward to at the end of the year, like promotion, and the end of the year picnic. Many students from the 8th grade have many aspects/activities to be excited about for high school, like their classes. 8th grader Ethan Koci said he is most excited about Spanish class, and not being on teams anymore. Lots of students think that if you play a sport at WRMS, it will have a big impact on your school year. 8th grader Sophia Wichman says, “My favorite part of 8th grade was playing volleyball, but I didn’t like when I tore my ACL.”

The 8th graders will have a promotion the day after the “official” last day of school. All of the 8th grade teams will have separate ceremonies, and each one will be about 30-45 minutes long. Once the ceremony is over, the 8th graders will be done with 8th grade, and officially be high schoolers. Students are looking forward to summer, and a lot of teachers are too. Business teacher Mrs. Jones says, “I am very excited this summer to spend time with my grand kids.” Many 8th graders have mixed feelings about going to high school and doing new things, and the 7th graders are excited to move up into 8th! There are a lot more opportunities the 8th graders get to look forward to going into high school, and are very excited to finish the school year up!